Suffering from chronic sinus issues can be debilitating for some people. It could mean not going on that family hike or even going outside to enjoy the summer weather. Chronic sinus issues plague hundreds of Americans each year, so you are not alone.
If you suffer from sinus issues year-round, there may be an underlying cause that an ENT should investigate.
Different Types of Sinus Issues
Sinus problems are trigged by some sort of ailment. While there are a lot of problems individuals can have with their sinuses, there are a handful that people suffer from frequently, including:
- Allergies – If you have allergies, you will suffer from hay fever, dust sensitivity, runny nose, watery eyes, etc. All of these things can also lead to chronic sinus problems.
- Postnasal Drip – Environmental and food allergies may lead to postnasal drip. This collects in the back of your throat making you feel as though you are constantly clearing your throat.
- Overactive Sinuses – Sometimes overactive sinuses are to blame. No matter what you do, you always feel as though there is something draining into the back of your throat. For some people, eating certain foods (especially dairy) can make this worse.
- Chronic Infections – Chronic sinus infections are painful and can cause pressure, stuffy nose, postnasal drip, and other symptoms.
- Sinusitis – This is when the sinus passages are constantly inflamed and make it difficult to breathe.
What Causes These Chronic Sinus Issues?
Chronic sinus issues can occur for numerous reasons, which is why it is best to see a specialist for diagnosis. But, some reasons you may have chronic sinus problems include:
- Deviated septum
- Food allergies
- Environmental allergies
- Overactive immune systems
- Too much bacteria in the gut
Natural and At-Home Remedies for Chronic Sinus Issues
Sometimes you just need to change your lifestyle to get relief from your sinus issues. These methods will only work if you don’t have a serious underlying condition. But, some things you can do include getting allergies under control, changing your diet, taking supplements, etc.
Related Posts :
- 8 Tips for Dealing with Sinus Issues
- Handling Sinusitis: Balloon Sinus Dilation
- Is a Balloon Sinuplasty a Solution for Me?
Get Professional Help for Chronic Sinus Problems
Chronic sinus issues, especially infections, should be addressed by a professional. An ENT can assess why you are getting frequent sinus problems and hopefully alleviate the issue. Dr. Light has helped countless patients with their chronic sinus issues find relief. Call to schedule your appointment today and see if you can finally breathe happy.