ENTs or Ear, Nose, and Throat doctors practice a special portion of otolaryngology medicine. They focus their training and efforts on the areas of the head and neck, but not necessarily always the ears, nose, and throat. Many patients do not see an ENT doctor in Florida because they don’t truly understand how they can help.
What Does an ENT Do?
ENTs go to medical school and are board-certified. They specialize in the medical treatment and surgery of areas of the ear, nose, and throat.
Reasons to See an ENT Doctor
While there are numerous reasons to visit an ENT, some of the most common include:
1. You suffer from frequent ear infections. Ear infections, in children and adults, can be painful and even debilitating. If you or your child suffers from frequent ear infections that your family doctor cannot diagnose or treat, then you should visit an ENT for further assessment. Sometimes a disorder or hidden infection could be the root cause of your ear infections.
2. You suffer from conditions with your throat. From trouble swallowing to frequent sore throats to affecting your speech, an ENT may be able to help. They are trained in diagnosing and treating conditions and diseases that affect your throat and mouth.
3. You suffer from allergies. Most patients are unaware that an ENT can actually help them with their allergies. ENTs provide a range of treatment options for those who suffer from severe allergies, whether they are seasonal or year-round.
4. You have recurring sinus infections. Recurring sinus infections can really dampen a person’s life. From causing headaches to missing work or even enjoying certain seasons, recurring sinus infections should be assessed by an ENT.
5. You have noticed a change in your hearing. Hearing loss of any kind should be examined by a professional. Whether you have a ringing that makes it difficult to hear or you experience mild episodes of muffled sounds, an ENT can examine your ear and make sure there is not a condition or defect causing your hearing loss.
Schedule an Appointment with an ENT Doctor in Florida Today
Whether you are suffering from ear infections, pesky sinus infections or allergies, you need an ENT. Visit the office of Dr. Light today or call at 561-737-8584. Dr. Light can assist you with all of your ENT problems and help you get on the right road to recovery.